My Car Alarm Won't Work
car keys image by bright from Fotolia.com
Troubleshooting a car alarm is relatively easy. You don't even need any tools or manuals to figure out what's wrong. Though car alarms are meant to protect the safety of your car, they can sometimes provide problems of their own. With these simple steps, you can find out what the issue is and attempt to fix it.
Common car alarm issues include: your alarm not working, your alarm going off at inappropriate times and your alarm failing to activate itself. You can solve your car alarm's problems by following these easy troubleshooting steps.
Do a routine check of all your car's systems. Sometimes, other parts of the car are causing the problem. Don't assume it's your car alarm before a thorough check. For instance, if you car will not start, there is probably something wrong with your battery or starter.
- Troubleshooting a car alarm is relatively easy.
- You can solve your car alarm's problems by following these easy troubleshooting steps.
Disable your alarm manually. You may have to set the alarm to valet mode while you diagnose the problem. To do this, put the key in the ignition and press down on the push key until the light on the switch stays a solid colour.
Check your sensors. Sometimes your car alarm will go off at inappropriate times if your sensor is too sensitive. Just adjust your settings to fix the problem.
Turn off or disconnect any other devices you have in your car. Often, radar detectors, GPS devices and cell phones can interfere with your car alarm system. It's likely that disconnecting some of these items will solve the problem.
- Disable your alarm manually.
- Sometimes your car alarm will go off at inappropriate times if your sensor is too sensitive.
- If your car is seriously damaged (flooded, burnt, etc.), it may be best to invest in a new alarm system, as the old one will most likely also be damaged.
- Don't attempt to disable an alarm if you haven't before. Seek out the help of a professional.