How to Replace the Battery in an Audi A2
You should replace the battery in your Audi A2 every three to four years. Replace the battery sooner if it stops holding a charge. A dead battery in your A2 can leave you stranded, costing you a call to the auto club.
Buy a replacement battery from an auto parts retail store and change it at home in minutes to save substantial cost. The Audi A2 design optimises weight distribution by placing the battery in the boot of the car, opposite the engine.
- You should replace the battery in your Audi A2 every three to four years.
- Buy a replacement battery from an auto parts retail store and change it at home in minutes to save substantial cost.
Open the boot of your Audi A2. Roll the carpet back out of the way of the boot floor.
Lift the boot floor and locate the battery. Disconnect the negative battery cable with a wrench. Remove the cable from the battery terminal. Disconnect the positive battery cable using a wrench and remove the cable from the terminal.
- Lift the boot floor and locate the battery.
- Disconnect the positive battery cable using a wrench and remove the cable from the terminal.
Remove the bolt from the battery retaining strap with a wrench. Move the strap out of the way and lift the battery out of the compartment. Insert the new battery into the tray in the same position as the one you removed.
Reconnect the positive battery cable and tighten the connection with a wrench. Connect the negative battery cable to the terminal and tighten it with a wrench. Replace the retaining strap and tighten it with a wrench.
Replace the carpet in the boot. Close the boot then start the car to test the new battery.
- "2004 Audi A2 Factory Service Manual"; Audi of America; 2003
- Have the charging system checked before replacing the battery. If the alternator is faulty, replacing the battery won't fix the problem.
Tara Kimball is a former accounting professional with more than 10 years of experience in corporate finance and small business accounting. She has also worked in desktop support and network management. Her articles have appeared in various online publications.