How to Turn on Bluetooth on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop
laptop image by Ewe Degiampietro from Fotolia.com
Toshiba Satellite laptops come in many configurations, with and without Bluetooth connection. If your Satellite has a Bluetooth Connection, you can link such Bluetooth devices as wireless headsets to your laptop.
You can also pair your Bluetooth-compatible cell phone to your laptop to transfer and receive files wirelessly.
Turn on your laptop. Wait for the hourglass icon to go away before clicking on anything. If you click anything while the hourglass symbol is still visible, it will slow the system down.
- Toshiba Satellite laptops come in many configurations, with and without Bluetooth connection.
- If you click anything while the hourglass symbol is still visible, it will slow the system down.
Locate the "Bluetooth symbol" on the Satellite's desktop and double-click it. An applications menu will open; when it does, click "Connections and Settings" then "Bluetooth Discovery Mode."
Click "Enable." This will turn on your Bluetooth connection.
Turn on your external Bluetooth device and enable the Bluetooth connection. Go to the start menu on your PC and locate "Control Panel."
Open the control panel and click "Network and Internet." From here, click "Select a Bluetooth-enabled device."
Click the option that reads, "My device is set up and ready to be found," then click "Next." Find the name of your external Bluetooth device, select it, then click "Next."
- This will turn on your Bluetooth connection.
- Find the name of your external Bluetooth device, select it, then click "Next."
Enter the passkey on your PC when prompted. Enter this same passkey on your device.
Right-click the file on your computer that you want to Bluetooth to your cell phone.
Click "Send to," then "Bluetooth device." A box will open called the Bluetooth wizard. When this box opens, select the name of your cell phone, then click "Okay."
Click "Accept" on your cell phone to enable the Bluetooth file transfer.
- Enter the passkey on your PC when prompted.
- Click "Accept" on your cell phone to enable the Bluetooth file transfer.
- If Bluetooth did not come installed on your Satellite, you can buy a Bluetooth Dongle, which will work as an external Bluetooth port. A Bluetooth Dongle will let you receive files from and send files to your cell phone, printer, fax machine or other digital Bluetooth device.
April Khan is a medical journalist who began writing in 2005. She has contributed to publications such as "BBC Focus." In 2012, Khan received her Doctor of Public Health from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. She also holds an Associate of Arts from the Art Institute of Dallas and a Master of Science in international health from University College London.