How to Tell a Fake Dolce & Gabbana Handbag
Handbag image by diter from Fotolia.com
Dolce & Gabbana is an Italian fashion duo consisting of partners Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana. A high-end luxury brand, Dolce & Gabbana handbags range in price between £325 on the low end and can go well into the thousands. Replica bags are created and sold by merchants online.
Knowing the signs of a fake Dolce & Gabbana handbag will save you money and ensure you are getting what you pay for.
Hold the handbag up to eye level, notice the emblem on the front of the bag. The logo font and consistency will be an obvious sign of a fake Dolce & Gabbana handbag. Authentic bags have the emblem on the zippers, handle and metal rings.
- Dolce & Gabbana is an Italian fashion duo consisting of partners Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana.
- Knowing the signs of a fake Dolce & Gabbana handbag will save you money and ensure you are getting what you pay for.
Take your hands and run them over the bag. Check the material of the handbag. Low-quality material, thin and slouchy or non-leather are signs of a fake. Dolce & Gabbana handbags are made of genuine leather. Overly shiny and materials that appear too smooth to the touch are also indications of a fake.
Inspect the threadwork throughout the bag. An indication of a fake Dolce & Gabbana handbag will be a black bag that has tan or other light-coloured threading throughout. Pay close attention to the pockets, how they are attached and if they are all functional; poorly attached pockets may indicate a fake.
- Take your hands and run them over the bag.
- Pay close attention to the pockets, how they are attached and if they are all functional; poorly attached pockets may indicate a fake.
Compare the prices of authentic Dolce & Gabbana handbags on various websites. If the handbag is below £325 the bag is a fake. Dolce & Gabbana is a high-end luxury brand and the price points of their products are high.
Look for a "made in China" label on the inside of the handbag. Handbags from D&G are not manufactured in China and authentic Dolce & Gabbana bags do not have this label on the inside pocket of their handbags.
- Follow your instincts when purchasing; if the purse seems cheap or is too low a price, most likely it is a fake.
- Do research before you purchase, so you will have an idea of current popular styles.
- Visit luxury retailers and see D&G handbags they are selling and the prices.
Candace N. Smith is a fashion and business writer in New York. Beginning her writing career in 2007, her work has appeared in various fashion publications including "Kouture Magazine." Graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in fashion marketing from American InterContinental University, Los Angeles, she's taken her experience in fashion, marketing and brand management, and shares that knowledge in her writing.