How do you clean barbour jackets?
Barbour, a British clothing company in existence for over 100 years, not only manufactures jackets, but also hats, gloves and other clothing items. Barbour jackets are durable, protected with a wax finish, available in a variety of colours and sold through retail and online outlets.
To keep your Barbour jacket clean and like new, you don't need any special cleaners or soap solutions. The jackets are easily cleaned with a non-abrasive cloth and water.
Lay the Barbour jacket on a clean, flat surface.
Fill a small bowl with cold water.
Dip a soft, non-abrasive cloth or towel in the bowl of water. Wring out excess water.
- Barbour, a British clothing company in existence for over 100 years, not only manufactures jackets, but also hats, gloves and other clothing items.
- To keep your Barbour jacket clean and like new, you don't need any special cleaners or soap solutions.
Wipe the jacket gently with the water-soaked cloth or towel. For stubborn stains, rub the spot with light pressure to break up the stain.
Pat the jacket dry with a clean non-abrasive cloth or towel.
- To keep your Barbour jacket looking like new, apply Barbour Wax Dressing once a year to the exterior of the jacket. Follow the directions and recommendations on the wax's container.
- Do not use a soap solution or detergent to clean your Barbour jacket. These chemicals will destroy the wax finish on the jacket.
- Do not dry clean your Barbour jacket—the dry cleaning process will strip the jacket of its wax finish and permanently damage the jacket.
Nick Davis is a freelance writer specializing in technical, travel and entertainment articles. He holds a bachelor's degree in journalism from the University of Memphis and an associate degree in computer information systems from the State Technical Institute at Memphis. His work has appeared in "Elite Memphis" and "The Daily Helmsman" in Memphis, Tenn. He is currently living in Albuquerque, N.M.