How to calculate how much I should weigh
Weight management can be a difficult and daunting task, and not everybody has the same needs when it comes to maintaining a healthy physique. While 77.1 Kilogram may be healthy for a man who is 5'11, that doesn't necessarily hold true for a woman who is 5'4.
With so many variables involved, it takes a few steps to find your own ideal weight range?
Find out your exact height. This is a key determinant in calculating your ideal weight; a taller person can carry more weight without endangering her health. If you're not sure of your exact height, use a measuring tape, but be aware that measuring your own height accurately can be very difficult. You may need to have a friend help you out.
- Weight management can be a difficult and daunting task, and not everybody has the same needs when it comes to maintaining a healthy physique.
- If you're not sure of your exact height, use a measuring tape, but be aware that measuring your own height accurately can be very difficult.
Determine your healthy weight range based on the internationally-recognised body mass index (BMI) formula. BMI is a numeric figure that measures body fat based on weight and height ratio. The numbers below represent healthy weight ranges for different heights.
Height / Ideal Weight 58 inches / 91-115 pounds 59 inches / 94-119 pounds 60 inches / 97-123 pounds 61 inches / 100-127 pounds 62 inches / 104-131 pounds 63 inches / 107-135 pounds 64 inches / 110-140 pounds 65 inches / 114-144 pounds 66 inches / 118-148 pounds 67 inches / 121-153 pounds 68 inches / 125-158 pounds 69 inches / 128-162 pounds 70 inches / 132-167 pounds 71 inches / 136-172 pounds 72 inches / 140-177 pounds 73 inches / 144-182 pounds 74 inches / 148-186 pounds 75 inches / 152-192 pounds 76 inches / 156-197 pounds
Decide if it's time to make lifestyle changes in order to bring your weight into your ideal range. If you are overweight, try to exercise more and consume fewer calories. If you are underweight, consider weight training and eating larger quantities of healthy foods.
- Determine your healthy weight range based on the internationally-recognised body mass index (BMI) formula.
- If you are overweight, try to exercise more and consume fewer calories.
- If you are taller than 76 inches, add approximately four pounds to each additional inch to determine your ideal weight range. For example, if you are 79 inches tall, add 5.44 Kilogram. If you are 81 inches tall, add 9.07 Kilogram.
- Body mass index does not take excess muscle mass into consideration. Please note that if you have extra weight as a result of strength training or bodybuilding, you can sustain more pounds than BMI estimates recommend without endangering your health.