How to Download Microsoft Powerpoint for Free
Microsoft PowerPoint is an application within the Microsoft Office suite used to create presentations and slide shows. Microsoft Corporation gives its consumers the advantage of obtaining free versions of the software prior to purchasing.
Free versions of Microsoft PowerPoint are available for downloading, and the process is not difficult. Your computer must meet the operating system requirements needed to run the software.
Go the Microsoft PowerPoint website.
Access the free software download link. When the Microsoft PowerPoint home page loads, scroll to the middle of the page. Click the "Free 60 Day Trial" link. Click "Try Now" below the green download arrow.
- Microsoft PowerPoint is an application within the Microsoft Office suite used to create presentations and slide shows.
- Free versions of Microsoft PowerPoint are available for downloading, and the process is not difficult.
Download the Microsoft Office Suite to your computer. Click the "Download Now" link on the Microsoft Office screen that will appear. Select the "Create new Account" option to obtain a trial version product key for your application suite download. Provide your personal information in the form that will appear for your account information.
Install the application suite. Click "Save" when the file download window opens to store the application suite to your computer's hard drive. The InstallShield Wizard will open automatically to the User License Agreement. Agree to the terms to start the installation. Follow the prompts to complete the installation and store the application suite's components to your computer's hard drive.
- Download the Microsoft Office Suite to your computer.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation and store the application suite's components to your computer's hard drive.
Restart your computer. When the final InstallShield wizard screen appears, leave the box checked that indicates an automatic restart for the computer. Click on the "Finish" tab to process this action. Your computer will shut down, and reboot automatically.
- The free version of Microsoft PowerPoint is only available when you download the full Microsoft Office trial suite. Downloading the entire Microsoft Office suite is highly recommended to ensure document compatibility in the event you need to insert a text document or spreadsheet into your PowerPoint presentation.
- If you use a Mac, see the resources below for PowerPoint installation instructions.
- The trial version for Microsoft PowerPoint is the only free version available. Please be advised that the trial version of the application is only valid for 60 days. After this period is over, this version of the application will expire. You will still have access to your files as long as the program is installed to your computer, but all editorial functions will be disabled. You will need to purchase a full product key after this period is over.
- Make sure your computer meets the necessary system requirements needed to successfully run the Microsoft PowerPoint application.
Meaghan Ellis has been writing short stories, newspaper articles, Web content and product research reports for over 12 years. While double majoring in business management and marketing at Southern University, she runs a home-based graphic design and Web content business.