How to Recover Deleted Sent Hotmail Email
Occasionally, you may delete a sent e-mail from your Hotmail account that you actually needed. If this has happened to you, there is a brief period during which you can recover deleted sent Hotmail messages. Once you restore deleted e-mails, you can store them indefinitely for your reference.
- Occasionally, you may delete a sent e-mail from your Hotmail account that you actually needed.
- If this has happened to you, there is a brief period during which you can recover deleted sent Hotmail messages.
Log in to Windows Live Hotmail. This will bring you to the main Hotmail screen.
Click "Sent" on the left hand side to open your "Sent" folder. This folder will show you all sent items that have not been deleted. If the message you are looking for is not here, proceed to the next step.
Click "Deleted" on the left hand side. This will open the "Deleted" folder. Locate the message you wish to restore and check the box next to it. Click "Move to" and select "Sent" or another folder.
View your recovered sent Hotmail e-mail in your "Sent" folder.
- You may be able to view your sent messages by viewing replies to the message and scrolling down to the quoted text.
- GMail, one of Hotmail's competitors, allows you to archive all messages indefinitely.
- If you use a separate mail client that saves messages locally, you can schedule it to backup your messages.
- If you have emptied your "Deleted" folder, you cannot recover your messages.
Jack Busch graduated from University of Iowa in 2007 with a Bachelor of Arts in English with honors and has been publishing web content ever since. He has contributed to groovyPost.com, 7Tutorials.com, PrimerMagazine.com and various other tech websites. He also co-authored "Network Your Computer & Devices Step by Step" (Microsoft Press).