On the unfortunate occasion of ingesting some form of liquid that is poisonous, sometimes the best thing one can do to quickly save yourself from the adverse affects is to induce vomiting. Inducing vomiting is not always an easy task and should only be performed if it is completely necessary.
Fill a glass with warm tap water.
Stir 4 tbsp of table salt into the glass.
Allow the salt to completely dissolve.
Close your eyes, pinch your nose and drink the salt water.
Wait. Sometimes the simple act of consuming can induce vomiting, but sometimes you must wait, and you will most likely feel some discomfort. Be prepared.
- "Nonprescription Product Therapeutics"; Steven Pray; 2006
- There are other ways to induce vomiting such as sticking a finger down your throat to invoke your gag reflex or using ipecacuanha syrup.
- If you feel you have ingested something poisonous, immediately call your local poison control centre.
- Inducing vomiting should only be used when absolutely necessary--the stomach acids can cause a lot of damage to your oesophagus.