How to dispose of sanitary pads at home
Sanitary pads, often referred to as maxi pads or simply "pads," are a favoured mode of protection by many menstruating women. Ideal for the beginner, they are convenient to use and less cumbersome than tampons. For the sake of cleanliness and hygiene, changing your sanitary pad regularly is necessary.
Disposing of the old one is incredibly simple.
Remove the soiled sanitary pad from your underwear.
Roll up or fold the sanitary pad into thirds.
Place the sanitary pad into its plastic wrapper if you have saved it. Otherwise, wrap it several times with toilet paper.
- Sanitary pads, often referred to as maxi pads or simply "pads," are a favoured mode of protection by many menstruating women.
- Remove the soiled sanitary pad from your underwear.
Put the sanitary pad into the trash. It's helpful to have a small wastebasket in your bathroom for this purpose.
- Wash your hands afterward.
- Empty your wastebasket regularly.
- Never, under any circumstances, attempt to flush a sanitary pad down the toilet. This can cause a plethora of plumbing problems, including blockages and even flooding.
Sophie Levant is a freelance writer based in Michigan. Having attended Michigan State University, her interests include history classical music, travel, and the German language. Her work has been published at eHow and Travels.