How to have a romantic night at a hotel
Getty Premium images
A night at a hotel can be just the trip you and your significant other need to celebrate a big occasion or revamp your relationship. Surprising the one you love with an evening at a hotel also makes for a wonderful gift.
Making the evening romantic requires a little effort and cooperation on both of your parts but when done right can provide for a romantic time you'll never forget.
Make reservations. Select a time that both you and your partner can get away.
Pack scented candles, roses and rose petals. Creating a romantic night starts with a romantic environment so take your ordinary hotel room and turn it into a romance haven. Pack enough candles to give the hotel room a soft glow.
- A night at a hotel can be just the trip you and your significant other need to celebrate a big occasion or revamp your relationship.
- Surprising the one you love with an evening at a hotel also makes for a wonderful gift.
Pack sexy attire and have your partner do the same -- or pack his attire for him. Think beyond lingerie or silk boxers; sexy clothes can also mean a beautiful dress or sleek suit for the time before any intimacy.
Bring some of your favourite and most romantic songs to play softly. Examples include slow R&B jams, soft country tunes or love songs on the charts. Make it music that you and your partner can enjoy together. Also bring a player for music or call ahead to the hotel and find out if they provide stereos.
Plan for a romantic meal. If the hotel has a restaurant order your favourite foods from room service and call ahead to get a bottle of champagne. If you and your partner have a restaurant you both love, have the meal delivered or pick it up on your way to the hotel along with champagne.
- Pack sexy attire and have your partner do the same -- or pack his attire for him.
- If you and your partner have a restaurant you both love, have the meal delivered or pick it up on your way to the hotel along with champagne.
Head to the hotel before your partner to set up the scene. Have her meet you there or pick her up. Sprinkle rose petals on the bed, have roses lying throughout, set out candles in safe places away from flammable fabrics and items and set up a dining area. Throw on your sexy attire and press "Play." You and your partner can enjoy your romantic paradise for the whole night.
- Draw a hot bath for the two of you and sprinkle some rose petals in it. Place candles around the tub for a sexy soak.
- You can also opt to use flameless candles so there are no fire hazards.
- Keep music at an acceptable level. Try turning it on, stepping out of the hotel room and checking to see whether you can clearly hear it. If so, turn it down.
Amy Davidson is a graduate from the University of Florida in Gainesville, with a bachelor's degree in journalism. She also writes for local papers around Gainesville doing articles on local events and news.