How to Eat Healthy at Papa John's
Pizza delivery is definitely not the first thing you think of when you want to eat healthy. However, there are times when we don't have a choice in what we eat. Whether it be because of a party or club meeting, sometimes we just have to make do with what we're given.
Papa John's Pizza is one such place that has a menu you can work with to still maintain your diet and personal health standards. Read on to learn how to eat healthy at Papa John's.
Check out the nutritional facts on Papa John's website. Each pizza and appetizer has information showing the number of calories, calories from fat and grams of fat per serving.
- Pizza delivery is definitely not the first thing you think of when you want to eat healthy.
- Papa John's Pizza is one such place that has a menu you can work with to still maintain your diet and personal health standards.
Ask for a no-cheese pizza if you are lactose intolerant. You can also remove the cheese yourself once you get it, but Papa John's is known for using lots of cheese, and it may be difficult to get rid of all of it.
Look at the extensive list of questions on the right side of the website. This FAQ section answers many of people's queries about the food and ingredients used.
Talk to a Papa John's employee when ordering if you can't look at the website. The employee should be able to answer any of your health related questions.
- The pizza lowest in calories and fat is the Garden Fresh Pizza. The Spinach Alfredo is also low in calories, but has almost the same fat content as a regular cheese pizza.
- If you are in a situation wherein pizza is being ordered for a whole group, and no one else is lactose intolerant, you can ask them to only make half of one pizza cheese free.
- All Papa John's food items including entrees and sides contain no trans fats.
- Papa John's pizza crust contains no animal fats, only soybean oil. The sauce as well contains no animal fats, only a mixture of sunflower and virgin olive oil. For that matter, none of the products used in the food, aside from the meat, of course, contain animal products.
- Papa John's meat products contain no fillers.
- Although none of Papa John's food items contain MSG, some is present in the Ranch Dipping Cup and the Bleu Cheese Dipping Cup.