In the age of “native advertising” any copy editor worth his salt (read: any CE who simply wants to eat) knows that the line between content and marketing is becoming increasingly blurred. And not in a Robin “catchy tune with horrible connotations” Thicke way.
Let’s just say that Bill Hicks would hate us all.
But once in a while some hippie with an MBA in marketing comes along and puts their dark forces to good use. These marketing campaigns are living proof that we still have some soul, although even that is for rent.
1. What comes around goes around
2. Same cat/dog, different owner.
3. Smoking causes premature aging
4. Your skin colour should not dictate your future
5. Victims are people just like you and me
6. Stop the violence, don’t drink and drive
7. Neglected children are made to feel invisible
8. You are not a sketch. Say no to anorexia.
9. Air pollution kills 60,00 people a year
10. Women need to be seen as equal
11. Tailgating isn’t worth it
12. Plastic bags kill our oceans and anti-foie gras campaign
13. Don’t talk while he/she drives
14. It’s not happening here but it is happening now
15. See how easy feeding the hungry can be?
16. What goes around comes around. Keep the sea clean
17. Save paper. Save the planet
18. Liking isn’t helping
19. Sleepiness is stronger than you
20. Censorship tells the wrong story
21. Sexual predators can hide in your child’s smartphone
22. One child is holding something that has been banned in America. Guess which one
23. Don’t buy exotic animal souvenirs