The only thing scarier than Halloween decorations in October is the price.
When I was a little girl, my dad used black bin liners for EVERYTHING come October 31st.
Now that we’re all a lot more environmentally conscious here are some great ways to recycle all those old plastic bags. So raid that shameful bag full of bags underneath your kitchen sink and get going with these ideas.
1. The Beetlejuice look. As with all these decoration the key is simplicity. Here, just wrap black and white bags around a tree.
2. Halloween wreaths are great ways to spruce your front door. Get the instructions here!
3. This one is a little on the dark side. Create the homemade body bag effect by using bed sheets and tying down the points with string to make the legs and head shape.
4. Plastic bag ghosts. AS easy as drawing on the face and propping it up with some chicken wire. You can also use pillow cases for this one.
5. All you need for these bad boys are some bean bags and 4 long pillows for the legs.
6. Wayne Manor has never looked so good (or cheap).
7. Spooky door curtains. Get the instructions for a cobweb doormat here
8. Cobweb stencils.
Here’s a great video on ghost crafts using tissue paper that kids can make!