A simple tool called a hand trimmer, placed between the carpet and baseboard, allows you to trim carpet along a wall with perfect alignment before tucking it neatly into place. A professional carpet installer demonstrates in this free video on carpet cleaning and installation.
Hi, I'm Robert with A-1 Carpet Man. I'm going to show you how to use a hand trimmer against the wall. This is a hand trimmer. You put it down in between the carpet and the baseboard, and it cuts the carpet right perfect, and you can sit there and you can tuck it in. Okay, so you get that thing trimmed out like that. I take a hook knife and tuck it in. Then you can go to the other side, take your hook knife and tuck it in. Then you can come to the end, you pull the piece back and you cut it off straight a little bit and that's how you finish off your ends, your corners.
- How to Lay Carpet
- How to Use Carpet Tape
- How to Remove Wall-to-Wall Carpeting
- Carpet Stretcher Instructions
- How to Install Carpet in Doorways
- How to Edge Trim Carpet Along a Wall
- How to Pull Carpets Up From Hardwood Floors
- Carpet Installation Stretching Technique
- How to Remove Dried Acrylic Paint from Carpet