A special tool called a Z bar enables you to install lengths of carpet in doorways so that they fit perfectly. Learn how to use a Z bar in this free video on carpet cleaning and installation.
Hi, I'm Robert Slic with A-1 Carpet Man from Salt Lake City, Utah, and I'm just going to show you how to install your doorway with a Z Bar. Okay, I'm going to show you how to install a piece of carpet with a Z Bar in a doorway. Trim the carpet tack to the size. Trim the Z Bar to the size, put the carpet tack on top of the Z Bar. You're going to nail the tack strip down, make sure your carpet end is even. You need to overlap it about three quarters of an inch. Then you'll want to trim the pad and then roll the carpet around the Z Bar and hammer it down. Make sure that's all hammered down tight and that's how you finish off an end. I'm Robert, and I just showed you how to install your carpet with a Z Bar.
- How to Lay Carpet
- How to Use Carpet Tape
- How to Remove Wall-to-Wall Carpeting
- Carpet Stretcher Instructions
- How to Install Carpet in Doorways
- How to Edge Trim Carpet Along a Wall
- How to Pull Carpets Up From Hardwood Floors
- Carpet Installation Stretching Technique
- How to Remove Dried Acrylic Paint from Carpet