Your bathtub faucet should not be spraying out while your shower head is on. Fix a bathtub faucet with help from a longtime plumber in this free video clip.
I'm Terry with Towers Murray Plumbing, here to show you how to fix a tub that sprays out when the shower is on. Things to look for, is when your shower, when you turn the shower on. And you're still getting water out of the spout, or out of the faucet itself. We'll show you how to repair that, or replace your tub spout. First thing you want to do, is figure out if your tub spout is threaded or if it has a set screw. If you look on the bottom of them, you'll see a hole, which I'll show you. This particular one is held on by a set screw, you want to loosen your set screw, spout will pull off. This is the hole you're looking for, to find that set screw. This is a slip spout, this is what diverts the water to the shower head itself. So, this is what needs to be replaced, when you're getting water out of both the shower head and the tub spout. Once you've picked out a new one, if it's a slip-on, slip it back into place. Use your Allen wrench to lock it back in place. If it's a threaded, you'll need a little bit of Teflon tape or pipe joint compound. To screw the new one back in place. And again, I'm Terry with Towers Murray Plumbing. We showed you how to fix a tub faucet, when the shower's on and it sprays water out.
- How to Remove a Single Handle Bath-Shower Faucet
- How to Fix or Repair a Shower Faucet
- How to Replace a Garden Tub Faucet
- How to Repair a Loose Kitchen Faucet
- How to Replace a Bathtub Single Faucet
- How to Replace a Collar Diverter on a Faucet
- How to Repair a Leaky Shower Faucet
- How to Fix a Bathtub Faucet That Sprays Out When the Shower Is On
- How to Repair a Dripping Kitchen Two-Handle Faucet