A bathtub single faucet requires the right tools and a little bit of plumbing knowledge. Replace a bathtub single faucet with help from a longtime plumber in this free video clip.
I'm Terry with Towers Murray Plumbing. And, we're going to show you how to replace your single-handle bathtub faucet. Once you've taken your parts down, had them matched up at the supply house, now we're going to show you how to replace them. This particular one is a slip-on, slips onto the copper, and used a set screw to tighten down. Now, some of those will actually have threads sticking out, and you'll have to use the kind that screw into place. So, that slips on, use a set screw, tighten it down, now it's back in place. Then, should have some kind of a sleeve that slips on the faucet, your new plate. Tighten the screws back into place. And, every faucet's a little different. That's why you should take your parts down with you when you go to the supply house to pick up new ones so that they can match them up with their appropriate style, because they do not interchange. Then, your handle goes on. Tighten her up, put the cap back on, your faucet's back together. I'm Terry with Towers Murray Plumbing, and we've just showed you how to replace your single-handle tub faucet.
- How to Remove a Single Handle Bath-Shower Faucet
- How to Fix or Repair a Shower Faucet
- How to Replace a Garden Tub Faucet
- How to Repair a Loose Kitchen Faucet
- How to Replace a Bathtub Single Faucet
- How to Replace a Collar Diverter on a Faucet
- How to Repair a Leaky Shower Faucet
- How to Fix a Bathtub Faucet That Sprays Out When the Shower Is On
- How to Repair a Dripping Kitchen Two-Handle Faucet