Hi, my name is Chris Wade, and I'm a contractor in the city of Los Angeles. Today, I'm going to show you how to fix a shower faucet. If you are going to find that your shower handle is spinning but nothing is happening. That means it's broken. What you want to do is you want to pop off your cover cap. Take a screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver and you want to unscrew the screw that attaching it to the stem valve. The problem is going to be that the part that's molded for this particular shower head is started to crack. It's gotten bigger and it won't catch and turn anymore. Even though the screw's in there it's just not allowing it to turn. This one is kind of a rectangle shape and you always want to obviously get a matching one. There are several kind. There's that kind I just showed you. And then there's this kind right here. It's kind of like almost like a star. And you want to get a faucet that, or faucet handle that matches that. You see how that one just slips right on there. This particular one has got the rectangle hole which matches the stem on here. And if you look down there you'll see that it's either cracked or it's just, just sort of just going away. And you just need to replace that. And you take this down to your home center, your plumbing supply place. Tell them this is what you need to do, they'll match it. You bring it back home and you just basically you slide it back on. See how that one fit nice and snug. And screw it back on. And you'll feel it cinch down you don't have to over tighten it. Put your cover back on. And there you go. Look at that.
- How to Replace a Single Knob Shower Faucet
- How to Fix Low Water Pressure on a Bathtub Faucet
- How to Fix a Bathtub Faucet That Will Not Turn Off
- How to Repair Leaking Toilet Seats
- How to Repair a Toilet That Is Slow to Refill
- How to Repair a Leak in the Toilet Tank Water Supply Line
- How do I Fix a Broken Shower Faucet?
- How to Repair Toilet Pressure
- How to Repair a Toilet Bowl That Is Running
- How Do I Fix a Weak Toilet Flush?