Painting leaves and flowers using acrylics is best done by using a pointed paintbrush to achieve a simple petal shape. Paint a simple image of flowers, stems and leaves with a demonstration from an award-winning artist in this free video on painting with acrylics.
Hello, I'm Jacklyn Laflamme. I'm a professional artist with JacklynLaflamme.com. In this clip, I'm going to give you some tips on how to paint leaves and flowers. You will need a canvas. You will need acrylic paint. You will need paintbrushes. We're going to start off with the flowers. I'm going to put some pink on my brush, and I'm using a pointed brush, and you can see, just with the brushstroke you can get the flowers. See how simple that is? All I'm doing is pressing down. I'll show you that one more time. So, we're going to do one more flower. See how you just press the brush into the canvas, and just that simply you can get the petals of the flowers in, and we can go back later and add highlights and details to them. In order to do the leaves, I'm just going to take some green on my brush, and you can just take the same brush with the point, and just this quickly, you can bring the stems down of the flowers. And again, we can repeat the same process for the leaves. Push down, just like this, and you see how quickly you can get the leaves of the flowers. Then, you might want to take a little bit of a lighter green and go over them and just start to detail these leaves. And again, you want to use your brush and the strokes of your brush to create the stems and the highlights. We're going to go back, and I'm just going to take a little bit of red, and we can dot the middle of these flowers. You can use just the tips to dot, and then you can take the tip, and you see what I'm just going to add some little squiggly lines in here, just to put some details into the flowers, just like this. A few more little lines, and if you want to get a little bit more highlights and a little bit more detail in the flowers, I'm just going to take a little bit of white and add some dots to the center, and just with a few simple brushstrokes, you can get a really beautiful flower. This is Jacklyn Laflamme. Thank you for watching.
- Acrylic Painting Techniques : Brush Types for Acrylic Painting
- Acrylic Painting Techniques : How to Prepare Your Canvas
- Acrylic Painting Techniques : Painting Techniques for Acrylic Artists
- Acrylic Painting Techniques : Painting With Dots
- Acrylic Painting Techniques : Winter Landscape
- Acrylic Painting Techniques : Acrylic Painting Tips
- Acrylic Painting Techniques : How to Paint Portraits in Acrylic
- Acrylic Painting Techniques : How to Paint Water
- Acrylic Painting Techniques : Watercolor & Oil Effects With Acrylic Paint
- Acrylic Painting Techniques : Painting a Landscape in Acrylic
- Acrylic Painting Techniques : How to Paint Leaves & Flowers