When unbuckling a BMX bike, a truing stand and a spoke wrench will be needed to unbuckle the wheel. Find out how to adjust bike spokes with help from an experienced bicycle mechanic in this free repair video on unbuckling a BMX bike.
Hi, this is Christian from Mella Jonies in Austin, Texas today I'm going to show you how to unbuckle a BMX wheel. Basically, some of the tools you'll need will be a truing stand and a spoke wrench. The process in which you will go ahead and try and unbuckle that wheel will be, determine where it's actually hitting, and once you've done that start adjusting the spokes. It's hitting on this side you'll need to adjust the, in most cases the two parallel spokes from where it's actually hitting. You generally want to try and go in quarter turns. If you go any more than a quarter you can end up getting the wheel a lot more out of true or more buckled than it was. If you don't have a truing stand you can use a zip tie or your brake pads, your rear brake, or front brake for that matter. And that's how you unbuckle a BMX wheel.
- How Do Bike Pumps Work?
- How to Set Up Mountain Bike Gears
- How to Pedal a Road Bike
- How to Set Up Bike Gears
- How to Unbuckle a Bike Wheel
- How to Adjust a Derailleur
- How to Fix the Brakes on a Bike
- How to Change a Bicycle Saddle
- How to Unbuckle a BMX Bike
- How to Change a Bike Seat
- How to Change the Brake Pads on a Bicycle
- How to Install a Child Bike Seat
- How to Remove a Bicycle's Pedals
- How to Re-Thread a Bicycle Pedal
- How to Raise Bicycle Handlebars
- How to Fix Crooked Bicycle Handlebars
- How to Change Bike Disc Brake Pads
- How to Remove Links on a Bike Chain
- How to Fit a Bicycle Seat