Crooked bicycle handlebars can be straightened with an Allen wrench that is used to loosen up bolts before the handlebars can be realigned. Discover tips for realizing when bike handlebars and misaligned with help from an experienced bicycle mechanic in this free repair video on fixing crooked bike handlebars.
Hi, my name's Christian, from Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop, in Austin, Texas, and today I'm going to show you how to straighten a set of crooked handlebars. As you can see, this is kind of an extreme angle on that, but basically, what you'll need to do is you'll need the Allen wrench. In this instance it's a five millimeter. There are three bolt adjustments on here. You can see here there's two bolts here which are actually the ones we'll need to align the stem. You basically, you need to loosen these up, and then once you've loosened those up you can actually place your foot at the base of the wheel here. Rotate the handlebar until it's straight. Sometimes, you need to give it a little tap. Once you've determined that it's straight you can double-check the headset adjustment with this Allen bolt here, and then snug those two side bolts back up again. When determining whether your handlebars are crooked or not, basically, you'll need to look at the stem. The handlebars will generally be off to one direction or the other. If you've been in a bike wreck, or your bike's fallen over in a bike rack; somebody's knocked your bike over, the handlebar may have become crooked. And generally, some of the things you'll notice when the handlebars are crooked is the bicycle will pull to one direction or the other. And that's how you straighten a crooked handlebar.
- How Do Bike Pumps Work?
- How to Set Up Mountain Bike Gears
- How to Pedal a Road Bike
- How to Set Up Bike Gears
- How to Unbuckle a Bike Wheel
- How to Adjust a Derailleur
- How to Fix the Brakes on a Bike
- How to Change a Bicycle Saddle
- How to Unbuckle a BMX Bike
- How to Change a Bike Seat
- How to Change the Brake Pads on a Bicycle
- How to Install a Child Bike Seat
- How to Remove a Bicycle's Pedals
- How to Re-Thread a Bicycle Pedal
- How to Raise Bicycle Handlebars
- How to Fix Crooked Bicycle Handlebars
- How to Change Bike Disc Brake Pads
- How to Remove Links on a Bike Chain
- How to Fit a Bicycle Seat