Access your PC after forgetting an administrative password by downloading a free program from the internet that can run during start up. Get into your PC without a password with tips from an IT specialist in this free video on computer security.
Hi, my name's Dave Andrews, and today I'm going to show you how to access your PC if you've forgotten your administrator password. There are many programs on the Internet that you can boot to a CD to reset your administrator password. To find one, just search the Internet for the terms "reset administrator password". I have such a CD here that I'm going to insert into my computer. At the boot screen I have to press the "F12" key to pull up the boot menu. That will let me select to boot from the CD drive. This is loaded from the CD, a program that will let me reset my administrator password. To go into the program just press "Enter". The program is now booted up, and at the bottom here, it shows you that it finds a Windows partition on the drive. To select that partition just press the number "1". Now it's asking you where your Windows installation is. You can go with the default value just by pressing "Enter". Now here it's asking you which part of the registry I want to load, and I want to load the "Password reset" system so let's press number "1" and press "Enter". I want to press number "1" again to say "Edit User Data and Passwords". Here it gives you a list of the administrators on the PC and you can change their password just by pressing "Enter". Under the "User Edit Menu" we want to either number one, clear the password, or number two, edit the password. Choose one of these to reset your password. My name is Dave Andrews and I've just shown you how to access your PC if you've forgotten your administrator password.
- How to Trace an IP Address to a Physical Address
- How to Backup & Restore Files with an External Hard Drive
- How to Speed Up Windows When You Open My Computer
- How to Access your PC if you Forget Your Administrative Password
- How to Create a Report in Microsoft Access
- How to Set Up a Home Server
- How to Add Background Music to a PowerPoint Presentation
- How to Screen Print
- How to Password-Protect Your Computer
- How to Delete a Print Job
- How to Use a Computer to Transfer LPs to CDs
- How to Set Up Shortcut Keys in Microsoft Word
- How to Run a PowerPoint Slide Show