Speeding up Windows when opening My Computer is a simple process of changing options for searching the network and displaying information in the Tools, Folder Options menu. Get Windows running faster with an IT specialist in this free video on computer efficiency.
Hi, my name is Dave Andrews. Today I'm going to show you how to speed up Windows when you open My Computer. To speed up your windows as you open up my computer, let's click on start, let's open up the my computer option in the start menu. The very first tip that you can do to speed it up is to disable this pane that's on the side that gives you details about the folder that you're currently in and items as you click on them. To disable that let's go to the tools, select folder options and then on this very first block here, tasks lets say use windows classic folders and the press apply. That disables that pane which can speed up my computer as you open it. The second tip is to go to tools, folder options, and under the view tab uncheck automatically search for network folders and printers then press apply. This keeps your computer from scanning the network every time that you open my computer and can greatly increase the speed when you open it up. It's very easy to speed up your speed on my computer as you open up. My name is Dave Andrews and I've just showed you how to speed up your windows as you open my computer.
- How to Backup & Restore Files with an External Hard Drive
- How to Trace an IP Address to a Physical Address
- How to Access your PC if you Forget Your Administrative Password
- How to Speed Up Windows When You Open My Computer
- How to Set Up a Home Server
- How to Screen Print
- How to Add Background Music to a PowerPoint Presentation
- How to Create a Report in Microsoft Access
- How to Set Up Shortcut Keys in Microsoft Word
- How to Delete a Print Job
- How to Run a PowerPoint Slide Show
- How to Use a Computer to Transfer LPs to CDs
- How to Password-Protect Your Computer