Screen printing, or taking a screenshot or screen capture, involves pressing the Print Screen button and then 'pasting' the saved image into an imaging software program such as MS Paint. Screen print with an IT specialist in this free video on computer imaging.
Hi, my name is Dave Andrews, and today I'm going to show you how to screen print. When you take a screen shot of your computer it's called screen printing. It's very easy to do. Let's go to the computer and I'll show you how to do it. Let's say I'm workin' on my computer and I have something I'd like to take a screen shot of. I'm going to open up some programs here as an example. Now, here are my screens that I'd like to take a picture of. To take a picture of the entire screen locate the Print Screen brutton button that is on your keyboard, which is typically to the left of the Num pad, all the way at the very top, across from the F12 button. Just press that Print Screen key once. Now let's go to Start, and go to All Programs, Accessories, Paint. Within Paint, all you have to do is say Edit and Paste. There is our screen shot that we just took by pressing the Print Screen button. Now if you'll notice, that does an entire screen. We can also do just a single window. Let's close Paint, select our window we'd like to screen print, make it active by clicking on it, hold down the Alt key on your keyboard which is right next to the space bar, and press that Print Screen button again. Now then, let's go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, and Paint again; go to Edit and Paste. As you can see, all we have is just that window. You can then go to File and select Print to send the screen to your printer. As you can see, it's very easy to print your screen. My name is Dave Andrews, and I've just showed you how to screen print.
- How to Trace an IP Address to a Physical Address
- How to Backup & Restore Files with an External Hard Drive
- How to Speed Up Windows When You Open My Computer
- How to Access your PC if you Forget Your Administrative Password
- How to Create a Report in Microsoft Access
- How to Set Up a Home Server
- How to Add Background Music to a PowerPoint Presentation
- How to Screen Print
- How to Password-Protect Your Computer
- How to Delete a Print Job
- How to Use a Computer to Transfer LPs to CDs
- How to Set Up Shortcut Keys in Microsoft Word
- How to Run a PowerPoint Slide Show