Adding background music to PowerPoint presentations involves placing a small horn icon into the presentation, setting its visibility and deciding when it should start playing. Put music into PowerPoint slide shows with an IT specialist in this free video on computer software.
Hi. My name is Dave Andrews. Today I'm going to show you how to add background music to a Power Point presentation. A lot of Power Point presentations that people create are just basic text. A few transitions but music adds a little bit of a lively effect to the entire presentation. So today, I'm going to show you how to add that. Let's begin by launching Microsoft Office Power Point. And this is the default slide that comes up with Power Point when it's launched. To insert a sound valve, go up to the insert menu that's on the top menu bar. Come down to movies and sound and let's select sound from file. I have here a music file that I'm to place in to this Power Point presentation. I'll just select it and I press okay. Now, this will pop up asking me how do you want the sound to start in the slide show? You can either have it come up automatically when that slide is entered or you can have it to where you actually have to click on the sound file to make it play. I want mine to do it automatically. That puts this little horn icon in your Power Point presentation. If I had selected when clicked, I would have to click on this horn to make the music play. Now note that this horn is going to show up in my slide. Let's kind of move it out of the middle. Put it sort of to the side here. I'm just going to put a title of My Presentation. And it's fun so let's do and exclamation point. So let's go to slide show and view show. And as you can see, that music started playing immediately. Just click to exit the slide. This is a very easy tool for sprucing up your Power Point slide shows. My name is Dave Andrews and I just showed you how to add background music to a Power Point presentation.
- How to Backup & Restore Files with an External Hard Drive
- How to Trace an IP Address to a Physical Address
- How to Access your PC if you Forget Your Administrative Password
- How to Speed Up Windows When You Open My Computer
- How to Set Up a Home Server
- How to Screen Print
- How to Add Background Music to a PowerPoint Presentation
- How to Create a Report in Microsoft Access
- How to Set Up Shortcut Keys in Microsoft Word
- How to Delete a Print Job
- How to Run a PowerPoint Slide Show
- How to Use a Computer to Transfer LPs to CDs
- How to Password-Protect Your Computer