Copy data from a hard drive to back up files. Learn how to transfer data with the tips in this free video on computer peripherals from a professional computer hardware trainer.
My name is James I'm the computer hardware training coordinator for interconnections. And I'm going to show you how to copy data from one hard drive to another drive. Now when you want to copy files you want to find out all files you really want. You might want to start with your my documents, your business files, your bookmarks anything you want. How to do this is you go to start, you click my computer, you use this to browse to where you want to go. In our case we want to go to our documents and we want our shopping list. We need to know what we need to buy at the store. So we are going to right click it, go copy, cause we just want to copy it to our external device. We go back to my computer again so now we have two windows open, and there is our external storage device right there. We open it, you right click anywhere, hit paste. We've just copied one file from our hard drive to our external storage device. It's that simple. Now you just rinse and repeat for all the files you need. You can remove the external device and you've just transferred your data. My name is James and I just showed you how to copy from one drive to another drive.
- How to Use an External Mouse With a Laptop
- How to Use a Monitor With a Laptop
- How to Use an External Keyboard With a Laptop
- How to Backup a Computer Onto an External Hard Drive
- How to Transfer Files From Internal Hard Drive to an External Hard Drive
- How to Transfer Files to Another Computer Using a Flash Drive
- How to Use a Flash Drive to Store Data
- How to Copy Data From One Hard Drive to Another