To use a TV as a computer monitor, connect the normal monitor cable into the VGA port on the side or back of the television set. Use a TV as a computer monitor with tips from a computer specialist in this free video on computers.
Hi. I'm Charles Stewart, Jr. I'm going to you how to use your TV as a computer monitor. What's cool about these new LCDs and plasma TVs that most of them are coming with VGA ports. And you'll probably recognize a VGA port because it looks, well it's the exact same port that's on the back of your computer. Most graphics cards will have a VGA and probably a DVI port on them. It's pretty standard. So if you can take your normal monitor cable and you can hook it right into your VGA port on your TV. You want to make sure, you want to go ahead when you have the TV go ahead and flip through your input settings and put it on VGA so the minute you plug it in you can see that you've got it up and working. So, you're going to find your VGA port on your TV and then line it up and plug it in. And then, as you can see, it's working. Your computer is now using your computer is now using your TV as its monitor. And that's pretty much it for hooking your computer up to your TV.
- How to Use a TV as a Computer Monitor
- How to Use an External Hard Drive With Multiple Computers
- How to Use Your Computer's Calculator
- How to Speed Up a Slow Computer
- How to Shut Down a Frozen Windows Computer
- How to Speed Up Your Computer
- How to Use a Computer Scanner Efficiently
- How to Restore Deleted Files on a Computer
- How to Play Music CDs on the Computer Through Headphones