Removing a stripped screw requires a few simple tools to drill out the head of the screw and create a makeshift screwdriver for extraction. Take care of annoying stripped screws in furniture or crafts like an experienced builder with the carpentry tips in this free video on home repair.
Well, we got a stripped screw, and we got to figure out how to get it out of there. So that's what we're going to do. I'm Robert Markey, I've been doing construction for many years, and we're going to talk about getting a stripped screw out. Okay. As you can see, this screw - you can't get it out with a screwdriver because the threads have been stripped. So, we're going to use these which are basically threaded screw removers. First thing we want to do is drill a hole in here to get our removal started. Okay, we got the wrong one. And as it bites into it, there we have it. And this stripped screw is removed. I'm Robert Markey, and we've shown how to get a stripped screw out.
- How to Remove a Stripped Screw
- How to Replace the Handle of an Axe
- How to Calculate Stair Height & Depth
- How to Calculate for Laminate Flooring
- How to Install Cedar Shingles
- How to Build Rafters
- How to Change a Fuse in the Home
- How to Make a Dovetail Joint
- How to Cut Acrylic Plastic
- How to Change a Two-Prong Outlet to a Three-Prong Outlet
- How to Replace a Blown Fuse
- How to Fix Broken Glass in a Window