To remove rust naturally, make a paste of baking soda and either lemon juice or vinegar, apply the mixture to the rusty surface, allow the paste to dissolve the rust and then wipe it clean with a paper towel. Avoid using unnecessary chemicals to remove rust with advice from a remodeling contractor and home repair specialist in this free video on rust removal.
Hi I'm Tim Gipson and I'm going to talk to you about how to remove rust naturally. Now with a lot of concerns about the environment today, you may not want to go out and buy some of the chemical rust removers, so actually just using some household items around, that you might have around you can make your own rust remover. What you'll need is, you'll need baking soda and some lemon juice, and you can either use a real lemon or, or some lemon juice like this, if you don't happen to have any lemon juice around, then you can also use vinegar. What I'm going to do is take the baking soda, and we're going to put it in a little dish like this, and then we want to add the lemon juice to it, so that it, as you can see I've already added it, so it makes a paste. Then once we do that, then we can take something that is rusted, such as an old tool, and you can either use a brush or just anything to spread it on there. And what you want to do is get it on your surface and you want to let it set and you want to let that work for a few minutes on your surface. Then you simply just take a paper towel and wipe it off and you'll find that that will be a very effective way to remove rust from just about any surface. So, I'm Tim Gipson and that's how to make a natural rust remover just with some products you have around the house.
- How to Operate a Microwave Oven
- Removing Rust From Steel
- Removing Rust From Tools
- Removing Rust Naturally
- How to Adjust Your Thermostat
- How to Hang a Heavy Wall Mirror
- Hanging Heavy Objects on Walls
- Ceramic Tile Cleaning Tips
- Best Way to Hang a Mirror
- Restoring Hardwood Floors
- How Do Refrigerators Work?
- How Do Refrigerator Ice Makers Work?
- How to Fix a Refrigerator
- How to Fix a Dishwasher That Will Not Drain
- How to Use a Microwave
- Home Remedies for Removing Rust From Tools
- Home Remedies to Remove Rust
- How to Make a Rust Remover
- Removing Rust
- Removing Rust From Stainless Steel