ChapStick is oil-based, so the first step in removing a ChapStick stain is to scrub baking soda onto the stain with a toothbrush. Learn about using a laundry stain remover to clean a ChapStick stain with help from a professional house cleaner in this free video on clothes and housecleaning tips.
Hi I'm Rachel Yatuzis and I'm going to show you how you get chapstick out of your clothing. This happens a lot with people with kids because their kids don't empty their pockets every time you ask them to. They've got chapstick in their pocket, you go to wash their little pants and you've got a big greasy chapstick stain. So what you want to do first is remove the oil, chapstick is so oil based. Sprinkle baking soda on to the stain and grab a toothbrush that you use for cleaning or a scrub brush like this and scrub it. Then dust the baking soda off, keep repeating this until the baking soda does not ball up any more. That means that it has soaked up the stain really well, soaked up all the oil, there will still be a visible spot but there won't be any oil. So that's when you want to grab your laundry stain remover that you usually use, vinegar and water works great too. Just whatever you usually use for a pretreatment, spray it on to the stain, let it sit for 10, 15 minutes 30 minutes or overnight whichever you think you need to do, whatever works best. I think you can let things like this set overnight it is not going to hurt it. So after it sets, just throw them in the washing machine and wash them as you normally would. Put them in the dryer and when they come out they should look brand new. I'm Rachel Yatuzis and that is how you get chapstick out of clothes.
- How to Clean Mortar or Grout From Ceramic Tile Floors
- How to Clean a Ceramic Tile Shower
- How to Clean an Oriental Rug
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Jewelry
- How Do I Get ChapStick Out of Clothing?
- How to Make Liquid Starch
- How to Clean Soap Scum
- How to Clean & Shine Hardwood Floors
- How to Machine Wash Pillows
- How to Clean Wood Furniture
- How to Identify Black Mold
- How to Clean Nicotine Stains
- How Do You Remove Creases From Leather?
- How to Get Mildew Out of Clothes