Hi I'm Rachel Yatuzis and I'm going to teach you how to identify black mold. Luckily the word black mold is pretty descriptive and if it is in your bathroom or something like that it is going to be in cracks and places that get moist so in your caulk or things like that you may have a black colored mold right there you know in every little crack and crevice. If it is underneath the caulk you are not going to be able to get rid of it. You are going to have to pull the caulk up and recaulk so if it is somewhere like this you should be able to scrub it off. Make sure to spray with bleach water afterwards to get rid of it and make sure it doesn't come back. Black mold that you really really need to be concerned about is black mold that may be in your walls or on your walls and the way that you will identify that is black mold grows in a pattern when it's on a flat surface or on drywall. It will be a bunch of little circles almost looking like different sized polka dots and they look slimy and almost really really dark green. That's black mold. The spores on that are not good for you to breath in. If you have black mold in your walls they have to call a Hazmat crew to come in and clean it out. It's really really bad. If the area where the black mold was is now dry and the black mold has dried it will look like soot and it will be really ashy looking and it may not be in perfect circles any more so just look for the circle pattern. It looks like a bunch of different size polka dots on the wall. That's when you need to be concerned. Immediately spray it with bleach water to kill that mold and then call a professional. I'm Rachel Yatuzis and that is how you identify black mold.
- How to Clean Mortar or Grout From Ceramic Tile Floors
- How to Clean a Ceramic Tile Shower
- How to Clean an Oriental Rug
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Jewelry
- How Do I Get ChapStick Out of Clothing?
- How to Make Liquid Starch
- How to Clean Soap Scum
- How to Clean & Shine Hardwood Floors
- How to Machine Wash Pillows
- How to Clean Wood Furniture
- How to Identify Black Mold
- How to Clean Nicotine Stains
- How Do You Remove Creases From Leather?
- How to Get Mildew Out of Clothes