Hi, I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and I'm going to show you how to remove oil or grease stains from your clothing. If you have a oil or grease stain the best thing to try to soak it up is obviously some sort of powder to soak up the excess oil, and you'll be left with a stain. But first off, you want to place some paper towels under the oil stain. Next, try to use some talcum powder, or even cornstarch will work; somethin' that's super absorbent. Place it over the stain. You may work it in with a toothbrush. The powder will start to ball up, and you may want to add more if it looks like it's really soakin' it up well. Once you've done this get the powder off of the stain, and use a dry cleaning solvent to blot the stain with. You can squirt it directly on the stain a little bit or squirt it on your sponge; whichever you prefer, whichever's easiest. Work it into the material, and that gets your clothing ready for the next process which is washing it. If the clothing is machine washable wash it in the hottest possible setting for that fabric. This being denim, you can wash it in super hot water; it's not going to hurt it. Just wash it in the the hottest setting possible, and that should get the oil stains out. I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and that is how you remove oil and grease stains from clothing.
- How to Get Rid of Oil Stains on Clothing
- The Best Way to Clean Ceramic Floor Tiles
- Homemade Ceramic Tile Floor Cleaner
- How to Clean Leather Shoes
- How to Clean Driveway Oil Stains
- How to Clean Up Dog Feces From Carpet
- How to Clean Carpet Stains
- How to Clean a Stain Off Vinyl Flooring
- What Is the Easiest Way to Clean Wooden Blinds?
- Using Vinegar to Clean Wood Floors
- Tips on Removing Scratches From Glass
- Cleaning Tips for Linoleum Floors
- How to Get Black Ink Out of Clothing
- Removing Rust From Cast Iron
- How to Clean a Silk Tie