The first step in cleaning up a driveway oil stain is to soak it up with kitty litter, baking soda or cornstarch. Clean the remaining stain of oil with dish detergent with help from a professional house cleaner in this free video on housecleaning and housekeeping tips.
Hi, I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and I'm going to show you how to clean up driveway oil stains. First thing you want to do if you have an oil stain, especially if it's fresh, and still really greasy, is you want to soak it up. Grab some kitty litter. If you don't have a cat, grab some cornstarch, or something like that, anything that's absorbent, and that you'll be able to sweep up, so you just sprinkle some kitty litter onto the oil stain, let it sit for about twenty minutes, and that will soak up all of the oil. If all the kitty litter becomes saturated, it becomes one big clump, you want to put some more kitty litter on there. That means you have not soaked it all up yet. Once you've soaked up all the excess oil, sweep it up, and dispose of it, where it's not going to be near any open flames, or sparks, and use a bucket of water with dishwashing detergent. Clean it, and scrub it, really well. A little bit of dishwashing detergent onto the stain, and a little bit of water on your scrubber. Anything that's supposed to fight oil, any kind of dishwashing liquid, that says it fights grease, and cuts up grease, and fights oil, that's what you want to look for. Obviously, you'll clean up an oil stain. After you're done with that, and it's nice outside, grab the hose, and spray it off to rinse it. If it's not so nice outside, grab any towel you have laying around, or some paper towels, to wipe the area clean. I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and that is how you clean up an oil stain, from a driveway.
- The Best Way to Clean Ceramic Floor Tiles
- Homemade Ceramic Tile Floor Cleaner
- How to Get Rid of Oil Stains on Clothing
- How to Clean Leather Shoes
- How to Clean Driveway Oil Stains
- How to Clean Up Dog Feces From Carpet
- How to Clean Carpet Stains
- How to Clean a Stain Off Vinyl Flooring
- Using Vinegar to Clean Wood Floors
- What Is the Easiest Way to Clean Wooden Blinds?
- Tips on Removing Scratches From Glass
- Cleaning Tips for Linoleum Floors
- How to Get Black Ink Out of Clothing
- Removing Rust From Cast Iron
- How to Clean a Silk Tie