Hi I'm Rachel Yatuzis and I'm going to show you how to clean leather shoes. There are a few different things that you can do to clean your leather shoes and most can be done in your home using household products like these. Soap and water if you're just wanting to give them a good go over, soap and water is the best thing, just a little bit of water with some mild, mild soap in there will suffice. And you just want to use a cleaning rag and just go over it. Try to blot it, try not to rub too much, but usually shoes are pretty durable and anything that you're going to try on some leather shoes, you want to maybe test out your method in an inconspicuous space first like maybe close to the sole right there. If you have some serious stains on your shoes, a good thing to do is for one, for spot cleaning stains, you can use rubbing alcohol and a q-tip and just dip your q-tip in there and rub it on any stains or spots that you may have. And this is going to dry out the leather really badly so you want to make sure to condition these afterwards with a saddle conditioner or shoe conditioner, it's all the same. Another thing you can do if you have some really stubborn stains is make a paste out of cream of tartar and lemon juice. You'll end up with a paste that's about this consistency if you can see, it's maybe like a little bit like toothpaste and you can use this paste put on a rag and sit it on the spot and use that to scrub a little bit. And if the stain is really stubborn, you can let that paste sit on there for a couple of hours before you wipe it off. Make sure after you do all this cleaning to your leather that you condition it. And if you want to polish it, follow the directions on the shoe polish and in that department you're on your own because that stuff is messy and just follow the directions. I'm Rachel Yatuzis and that is how you clean leather shoes.
- How to Get Rid of Oil Stains on Clothing
- The Best Way to Clean Ceramic Floor Tiles
- Homemade Ceramic Tile Floor Cleaner
- How to Clean Leather Shoes
- How to Clean Driveway Oil Stains
- How to Clean Carpet Stains
- How to Clean Up Dog Feces From Carpet
- How to Clean a Stain Off Vinyl Flooring
- What Is the Easiest Way to Clean Wooden Blinds?
- Using Vinegar to Clean Wood Floors
- Tips on Removing Scratches From Glass
- Cleaning Tips for Linoleum Floors
- How to Get Black Ink Out of Clothing
- Removing Rust From Cast Iron
- How to Clean a Silk Tie