Hi I'm Rachel Yatuzis and I'm going to show you how to clean carpet stains. There are tons of different carpet stains you can get and you really want to maybe try to research how to clean the specific stain, but for general food stains, it's pretty much all the same. We've got some ketchup here, put a little bit on there. Kind of work it in and you've got a stain, oh no, what do you do? You grab the vinegar. I always say use vinegar. You can use straight up vinegar by itself to dump on the stain or you can make a mixture of vinegar and water in a spray bottle to just keep handy for all of your household cleaning and that will clean up the stain also. This is a process that you're going to have to repeat, it's going to take a lot of elbow grease but vinegar will usually always get a stain out of the carpet, even old stains. And the trick to getting any stain out of the carpet is to make sure you get to the stain before it sets in too much. If you don't have vinegar, you can try using rubbing alcohol. With rubbing alcohol you can just dab it onto a cloth and use that to scrub the stain away, but if you've got a little more time on your hands and a couple more ingredients, you can make an excellent stain remover using water, and dish soap, make sure it doesn't have bleach in it or lanolin and ammonia. If you just, mostly water and then a squirt of dish soap and a little bit of ammonia, just eyeball it, it's not a big deal if you have one ingredient more than the other, you just want it to be mostly water. Dab a rag in there and scrub. Those bubbles will get to work, they're an excellent surfactant and that works on really any kinds of stains, even syrup that's really, really sticky, this is great for syrup. After you do that, you want to spray some, just some water on there to rinse it a little bit and then blot it with a dry rag. I'm Rachel Yatuzis and that is how you remove carpet stains.
- The Best Way to Clean Ceramic Floor Tiles
- Homemade Ceramic Tile Floor Cleaner
- How to Get Rid of Oil Stains on Clothing
- How to Clean Leather Shoes
- How to Clean Driveway Oil Stains
- How to Clean Up Dog Feces From Carpet
- How to Clean Carpet Stains
- How to Clean a Stain Off Vinyl Flooring
- Using Vinegar to Clean Wood Floors
- What Is the Easiest Way to Clean Wooden Blinds?
- Tips on Removing Scratches From Glass
- Cleaning Tips for Linoleum Floors
- How to Get Black Ink Out of Clothing
- Removing Rust From Cast Iron
- How to Clean a Silk Tie