If vinyl flooring gets stained, make a paste with laundry detergent and water to scrub into the stain. Spray water on a vinyl flooring stain to rinse the area after it's been cleaned with help from a professional house cleaner in this free video on housecleaning and housekeeping tips.
Hi, I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and I'm going to show you how to clean a stain off vinyl flooring. If you have a stain, that's not been sitting there too long, or maybe it's just your time to clean the floor, and you notice the stain in the corner, a good solution to make for your stain, is make a paste with your laundry detergent, and water. It will make this nice, thick white, pasty substance, that is excellent for removing stains, on your floors. It also works great on grout and tile, it's not too harmful. You put it on your laundry, so it can't hurt that bad, right? Just put the paste on the floor, and scrub it. Scrub it with a sponge. If the stain comes up, that's wonderful. You want to rinse that one spot, spray a little bit of water on there, and wipe it up with a rag. If you still have a stain, a lot of times vinyl floors will yellow, and you want to try to prevent that, by letting sun shine through your house. You can make a solution with one part bleach,and two parts water. You can scrub the stain with that solution, or if the stain is really bad, you can get a white rag, let it soak in the bleach water, put it on top of the stain, grab some plastic wrap, and make a seal around that white rag. Let it sit overnight. You want to make a seal with tape, so that the bleach water doesn't evaporate, and the fumes don't get into the air. Let it sit overnight. When you wake up in the morning, just pull the rag up, and take the waxed paper off, or the plastic paper off, plastic wrap off, and you should be able to scrub the stain right off. I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and that is how you remove a stain from vinyl flooring.
- How to Get Rid of Oil Stains on Clothing
- The Best Way to Clean Ceramic Floor Tiles
- Homemade Ceramic Tile Floor Cleaner
- How to Clean Leather Shoes
- How to Clean Driveway Oil Stains
- How to Clean Carpet Stains
- How to Clean Up Dog Feces From Carpet
- How to Clean a Stain Off Vinyl Flooring
- What Is the Easiest Way to Clean Wooden Blinds?
- Using Vinegar to Clean Wood Floors
- Tips on Removing Scratches From Glass
- Cleaning Tips for Linoleum Floors
- How to Get Black Ink Out of Clothing
- Removing Rust From Cast Iron
- How to Clean a Silk Tie