The easiest way to clean wooden blinds in with a vacuum extension, a feather duster and a combination of water and vinegar. Learn about the tedious process of cleaning wooden blinds with help from a professional house cleaner in this free video on housecleaning and housekeeping tips.
Hi I'm Rachel Yatuzis and I'm going to tell you the easiest way to clean wood blinds. Some people have different methods, it really depends on how picky you are. You can use a vacuum extension to just suck some excess dust off of it. You can use a feather duster to just go over the blinds and remove some excess dust and things like that. If you have real wood blinds, the problem is they still look a little bit dusty and they still will be a little bit dusty. Wood is so porous, it's really hard to get them truly, truly clean without using your hands. There's really not an easy way to do it. I say grab a bucket of water, splash a little bit of vinegar in there, get you a rag and make sure you have a couple of hours to dedicate to this if you need to clean all the blinds in your house. Just dip your rag in the vinegar and water and get to work. The vinegar and water is harmless to the wood and it's a very tedious job but luckily you only really have to do it about once a year in the spring with your spring cleaning. You want to make sure to get of the little cracks and crevices. You want to make sure that also if you're going to take the time to clean your blinds this way and truly, truly clean your blinds, you want to flip them over and do the other side. It is time consuming but it makes a huge, huge difference when your blinds look brand new. It can really change the whole feel of a room and it can really determine whether your house really, really looks clean or not. I'm Rachel Yatuzis and that's the easiest way to clean wood blinds.
- How to Get Rid of Oil Stains on Clothing
- The Best Way to Clean Ceramic Floor Tiles
- Homemade Ceramic Tile Floor Cleaner
- How to Clean Leather Shoes
- How to Clean Driveway Oil Stains
- How to Clean Up Dog Feces From Carpet
- How to Clean Carpet Stains
- How to Clean a Stain Off Vinyl Flooring
- What Is the Easiest Way to Clean Wooden Blinds?
- Using Vinegar to Clean Wood Floors
- Tips on Removing Scratches From Glass
- Cleaning Tips for Linoleum Floors
- How to Get Black Ink Out of Clothing
- Removing Rust From Cast Iron
- How to Clean a Silk Tie