The way to remove rust from a cast iron skillet is to use a mixture of vegetable oil and salt. Use a good dish washing soap on rusty cast iron to get rid of the oil with help from a professional house cleaner in this free video on housecleaning and housekeeping tips.
Hi, I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and I'm going to show you how to remove rust from cast iron. Cast iron skillets are awesome, for so many reasons. They don't have all these health problems associated with them, like maybe aluminum, or Teflon will, and they've been around for ages, they're wonderful. You get your daily dose of iron, if you use them on a regular basis, so the way you want to clean your cast iron skillet, if it's got rust, or got really anything in it, is with vegetable oil and salt. You want to use equal parts. Pour a little vegetable oil in there, sprinkle some salt on top of it. The salt is going to work as your abrasive, and scrub. You can use a sponge, or you can use something more disposable, like a paper towel, because remember, it's going to get oily. If you're going to use a sponge, make sure you've got time to clean that sponge. Sponges are not easy to get oil out of. Scrub it all over. If you need to add more vegetable oil, or more salt, just whatever you think is needed. After you've scrubbed it really well with your mixture, you want to just wash it like a regular pot or pan. Use a good dishwashing soap, because it will remove all of that oil. Next, just dry it, and your cast iron skillet will be as good as new. I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and that is how you remove rust from cast iron.
- The Best Way to Clean Ceramic Floor Tiles
- Homemade Ceramic Tile Floor Cleaner
- How to Get Rid of Oil Stains on Clothing
- How to Clean Leather Shoes
- How to Clean Driveway Oil Stains
- How to Clean Up Dog Feces From Carpet
- How to Clean Carpet Stains
- How to Clean a Stain Off Vinyl Flooring
- Using Vinegar to Clean Wood Floors
- What Is the Easiest Way to Clean Wooden Blinds?
- Tips on Removing Scratches From Glass
- Cleaning Tips for Linoleum Floors
- How to Get Black Ink Out of Clothing
- Removing Rust From Cast Iron
- How to Clean a Silk Tie