Hi, I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and I'm going to show you how to get black ink out of clothing. The first thing you want to try is hairspray. Everybody's heard this, and most people don't know what it is about the hairspray, that breaks down the black ink. It's the alcohol in it, and I believe the aerosol hair spray has more alcohol in it, so you may want to try aerosol. Spray it on the stain, let it sit just for a little bit. It will start to break up that black ink, really, really quickly. You may want to blot it to see if it's working well, see if it's coming out. You may have to do it a couple of times. If the hairspray does not work, you want to try pure rubbing alcohol. Since this is the ingredient in the hairspray, that gets the stain out, try applying that to the stain. If you don't think that it's breaking up good enough, you can also put milk on it. Milk, something in milk I guess, will help break up ink stains. Whichever method you choose, after you've applied it to the stain, I would say let it sit for a second. This is a good pre-treatment for ink stains, before you put them in the wash, so check the garment, read the label, and find out what the best way to wash it is. If it says cold water, do cold water, hot water, do hot water. Just wash it like you normally would, and when you bring it out of the dryer, the stain should be gone. If it's not, you may have to buy a new shirt, but usually these tips work pretty well, especially if you catch the stain early on, and it hasn't set in for very long. I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and that's how you remove black ink stains from clothing.
- How to Get Rid of Oil Stains on Clothing
- The Best Way to Clean Ceramic Floor Tiles
- Homemade Ceramic Tile Floor Cleaner
- How to Clean Leather Shoes
- How to Clean Driveway Oil Stains
- How to Clean Carpet Stains
- How to Clean Up Dog Feces From Carpet
- How to Clean a Stain Off Vinyl Flooring
- What Is the Easiest Way to Clean Wooden Blinds?
- Using Vinegar to Clean Wood Floors
- Tips on Removing Scratches From Glass
- Cleaning Tips for Linoleum Floors
- How to Get Black Ink Out of Clothing
- Removing Rust From Cast Iron
- How to Clean a Silk Tie