Silk ties should always be treated with fabric protectors, but silk ties with stains can be treated with laundry stain removers. Find out why it's important to avoid washing silk ties with water with help from a professional house cleaner in this free video on housecleaning and housekeeping tips.
Hi, I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and I'm going to show you how to clean a silk tie. First, when you buy a silk tie, and you bring it home from the store, you want to treat it with a fabric protector, so if you do get a stain on it, it's going to be a lot easier to clean, because you don't want to wash silk ties. That's the bad thing about them. Consider them somewhat disposable, I guess, because if you get a stain like this, this is a ketchup stain, you first want to avoid the urge to use water to clean it, water is not good for silk, and you can't take it to the dry cleaners, you can't throw it in the laundry, so you want to find a laundry stain remover. Spray it onto the stain, and keep in mind, you are taking the risk of fading the colors on the silk tie, but this is the only way to get the stain out. Blot it, don't rub it, and the stain should start coming out onto your paper towel, or wipe cloth, whatever you decide to use. If a regular stain remover doesn't work, you may have to part with your tie, but there's plenty of ties in the world, so it's really nothing to worry about. It's just a tie. That's pretty much it, just clean it with the stain remover. Remember not to put water on it, and be very gentle with it. I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and that is how you clean a silk tie.
- The Best Way to Clean Ceramic Floor Tiles
- Homemade Ceramic Tile Floor Cleaner
- How to Get Rid of Oil Stains on Clothing
- How to Clean Leather Shoes
- How to Clean Driveway Oil Stains
- How to Clean Up Dog Feces From Carpet
- How to Clean Carpet Stains
- How to Clean a Stain Off Vinyl Flooring
- Using Vinegar to Clean Wood Floors
- What Is the Easiest Way to Clean Wooden Blinds?
- Tips on Removing Scratches From Glass
- Cleaning Tips for Linoleum Floors
- How to Get Black Ink Out of Clothing
- Removing Rust From Cast Iron
- How to Clean a Silk Tie