Hi, I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and I'm going to show you how to wash a leather jacket. Leather is not somethin' you just throw in the washing machine, and hopefully you already know that and you, you know, asked a couple of questions before you bought the leather jacket. But, you know, sometimes it gets spots on it and you want to wash it, or maybe it's got a weird smell and you maybe want to get rid of it. So, the best thing to do is just to get some water, a bowl of water, and set it aside. You know, it's easier to do this somewhere where you could have your bowl and water right here and your leather jacket right here. Mix some mild soap in with the water; maybe stir it around a little bit with your finger. That way you don't get too many bubbles; you put the soap in afterwards. Also, baby shampoo is an excellent mild soap that you can use. Just have a a cleaning rag handy, and one that does not have chemicals in it from somethin' that you cleaned previously, and you want to blot your jacket like this. You really don't want to wipe. That's not good for the leather, and you can leave really strange lookin' marks on your leather if you wipe back and forth like that, so you just want to blot with the soap and water. And then, use the dry side of the cloth to to get it dry. After you've cleaned any of the dirty spots, let's see, here's one right here, you want to.... Here we go; came right off. Right after you clean your leather jacket you want to hang it up. I'd hang it inside somewhere, but you know, put a towel underneath it so if it drips it's not going to harm your floors or anything like that, and put a nice leather conditioner on it afterwards. I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and that's how you wash a leather jacket.
- How to Properly Load a Dishwasher
- How to Wash a Leather Jacket
- How to Remove Odors From a Garbage Disposal
- How to Dispose of Fluorescent Bulbs
- How to Remove Sweat Stains
- How to Use Baking Soda to Clean Jewelry
- How to Make Homemade Laminate Floor Cleaner
- What Is the Best Way to Clean Gold?
- How to Clean Swimming Goggles
- How to Clean Up a Small Gasoline Spill
- Removing Wax From Wood Floors
- How to Fix Scratches On Hardwood Floors
- How to Get Glue Off of Hardwood Floors