Hi, I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and I'm going to tell you a little about, little bit about removing wax from hardwood floors. Usually, when your floors have been mopped a lot with traditional hardwood floor cleaners there will be a waxy buildup on your floors. I'd say don't use these more than four times a year. Even down to two or one time a year is best cause' it's not that necessary. Your floors have a finish on em' and it's going to be shiny if they're clean. There's no need to apply this every single time because it's going to build up wax. Best thing to use to clean your hardwood floors is vinegar and water. A splash of vinegar in a bucket of water will clean your floors . They'll be nice and shiny, and there will be no waxy buildup, and it'll keep you from spendin' so much money on this stuff all the time. If you've got wax on your floor from maybe a candle that spilled that's a different story. You may have to try to scrape it off with your fingernail or somethin' like that. If there's wax all over your floors from using this traditional hardwood floor cleaner you're going to have to get some mineral spirits and steel wool. Grab the gloves for this one. There may be areas that you see if the glare gets on em' a certain way the wax is built up more than other areas, and you want to scrub that with the steel wool and mineral spirits. Scrub it in the direction of the grain, and then you're going to have to put some more finish down on your floors. My best advice is do not use traditional hardwood floor cleaners every single time you mop your floors. It's not worth it because it's too much pain. I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and that is how you remove wax from hardwood floors.
- How to Properly Load a Dishwasher
- How to Wash a Leather Jacket
- How to Remove Odors From a Garbage Disposal
- How to Dispose of Fluorescent Bulbs
- How to Remove Sweat Stains
- How to Use Baking Soda to Clean Jewelry
- How to Make Homemade Laminate Floor Cleaner
- What Is the Best Way to Clean Gold?
- How to Clean Swimming Goggles
- How to Clean Up a Small Gasoline Spill
- Removing Wax From Wood Floors
- How to Fix Scratches On Hardwood Floors
- How to Get Glue Off of Hardwood Floors