Career opportunities for accounting majors include becoming a CPA, working for private companies, being a comptroller or even becoming a chief financial officer. Explore the career paths available to an accountant with information from an accounting professor in this free video on accounting careers.
Hi my name is Shawn Jones, adjunct professor here at Argosy University. Today we're discussing the topic of career opportunities for accounting majors. This can include several opportunities from public accounting, or being able to become a CPA, or working for private industries and companies. From many types of roles, that include accounting technicians and clerks, comptrollers, assistant comptrollers, financial analyst, and even directors of finance, and chief financial officers or CFOs. Basically your career path is going to be determined by the industry and amount of education and experience that you have gained. Thus simply put, there are all types of career paths and opportunities that are afforded to you by making these choices based upon your education and the industry you choose to go in. For more information about this topic, please visit our website argosy.edu. There you can find a phone number or an address to come and visit our Salt Lake City campus.
- About the History of Financial Accounting
- About the Accounting Code of Ethics
- Why Do We Need Accounting?
- Career Opportunities for Accounting Majors
- What Is the Mission of a Financial Accounting Manager?
- What Is Required to Be an Accountant?
- What Does the Accounting Department Do?
- What Is an Accountant's Yearly Salary?
- About Non-Profit Financial Account Keeping
- What Is Open-Book Accounting?
- Learning Accounting Terms
- About Different Types of Accounting
- What Is General Accounting?
- What Is MAS 90 Accounting?
- What Is a Certified Management Accountant?
- What Are Internal Controls of Accounting?
- How to Become a Financial Account Analyst
- Understanding Financial Accounting
- Accounting Technician Job Description
- How to Become a Chartered Accountant
- How to Differentiate Accounting From Bookkeeping
- Learning Basic Accounting Principles