Removing candle wax can be done by letting it dry on a non-porous surface before scratching it off, or placing a brown paper bag over the wax on a soft surface, running a warm iron over it and lifting the melting wax out of the fabric. Remove spilled candle wax from a variety of surfaces with advice from a professional house cleaner in this free video on housekeeping.
Hi, I'm Rachel Yatuzis and I'm going to show you how to remove candle wax. If you have candle wax on a non-porous surface, or a hard surface, easiest way is to just scratch it off with your fingernail or you know, anything that you can...even a penny or a coin will work to help scratch it off but if you have it embedded in fabric like carpet or you know, a sofa or something like that, with the real, real porous fabric on it, what ya want to do is get a paper bag. If you have a big paper bag, cut it into pieces like this you know, about this size, or if you have lunch size paper bags, that would be great too. Just put a stack of 'em beside you. Put the brown paper bag over top of the wax, grab a hot iron and just go over the wax. It will draw all the wax up into the paper and when you remove the paper, the wax will come off with it. You may be left with a stain, you may have to do it several times before you get all of the wax out. You know that all the wax is out because these spots will stop appearing on your brown paper. And once you've done that, like I said, if you're left with a stain, use a spot stain remover and get the stain out as best you can. Sometimes it's doesn't, you know, sometimes a stain just won't go away, but you know, stick a table over it. I'm Rachel Yatuzis and that is how you remove wax.
- How to Clean Faux Wood Blinds
- How to Clean Vinyl Mini Blinds
- How to Clean Silver With Baking Soda
- How to Make White Clothes White Again
- How to Remove Body Odor From Clothing
- How to Operate a Washing Machine
- How to Make a Bed
- How to Get Rid of Dog Odor in a Car
- How to Make Your Home Smell Good
- How to Remove Hairspray Residue
- How to Remove Candle Wax
- How to Make Your Clothes Smell Great
- How to Remove Soap Scum From Shower Doors
- How to Prevent Cloudy Glassware in the Dishwasher