Learn tips for pinning on the yarn mane when making a hobby horse in this free crafts video from our kids toys expert and homemade toy authority.
So start with the nose section because you want that to be even and put plenty of pins to hold it in place. Just kind of squeeze it and put the pin in and we are sandwiching our yarn between the two pieces. You want to make sure that the yarn is all going straight in and not curving out or folding over, so it is going to get caught in the seam. You just want that folded edge to get caught in the seam and just pin it all the way around. I'm pinning pretty much apart because I want to hold it nice and securely as I'm sewing it. Make sure that the head pieces are even and pin that all the way down in the back of the neck. You want to pin also all the way around the nose and the front of the neck. Now if made a very long mane, you want to make sure that none of the mane pieces get caught in this next section. So if you made a very long mane, you would have to roll it and fold it and keep it out of the way of the neck seam. Just pin that all the way around. The only thing you would not be pinning is the bottom opening at the bottom of the neck that would keep opening. A few more pins along the back here and we would be ready to sew.
- How to Attach Bells to Hobby Horse Bridle
- How to Make Bridle for Hobby Horse
- How to Attach Hobby Horse Head to Stick
- How to Close Hobby Horse Head
- How to Pin Yarn Mane for Hobby Horse
- Sewing Tips Hobby Horse Yarn Mane
- How to Sew Yarn Mane for Hobby Horse
- How to Position Yarn Mane for Hobby Horse
- How to Make Yarn Mane for Hobby Horse
- Tips for Drawing Hobby Horse Pattern
- How to Make a Hobby Horse
- How to Draw a Pattern for a Hobby Horse