Learn how to install stems for a leaky bathtub faucet by watching this series of free home improvement videos from our home repair expert.
in this video clip we will be installing our new stem. As I said before it is vital that the new stem that you bought is exactly the same as the old one, if you have a Kohler faucet your only going to be able to replace it with Kohler parts. The part between these faucets are not interchangeable and if you do try use a wrong part it will not either work properly it will leak or you'll damage something. The first thing we need to do is turn on our stem, so we're going to rotate our stem counter clockwise as if we're turning it on and you see the top move so that would allow the flow of water. Next we need to go ahead and start our stem and tightened it down with our socket. And you'll have to do this with both sides.
- Leaky Bathtub Faucet Repair Evaluation
- Removing the Spout from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Installing the Spout in Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Installing the Stems for Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Installing the Stem Seat for a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Removing the Stem from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Removing the Stem Seat from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Removing the Collar from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Shutting Off a Leaky Bathtub Faucet