Learn how to remove the stem seat from a leaky bathtub faucet by watching this series of free home improvement videos from our home repair expert.
in this video clip we will be removing our stem seat. Inside of our faucet we have here on the right our stem on the left we have our seat. Located in there our seat is sticking in there our stem comes up to our seat and keeps that water from flowing. What we need to do right now is remove the old seat. If we take a look in our faucet that seat has that kind of square appearance, this is the piece that we're going to need to remove. The tool that we're going to use for this job is a tapered faucet seat wrench. Now there's two different ends on it for different size seats. The way this works is that we put our seat wrench in and grip our seats and we go ahead and loosen up that seat and pull it out.
- Leaky Bathtub Faucet Repair Evaluation
- Removing the Spout from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Installing the Spout in Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Installing the Stem Seat for a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Installing the Stems for Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Removing the Stem from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Removing the Stem Seat from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Removing the Collar from a Leaky Bathtub Faucet
- Shutting Off a Leaky Bathtub Faucet