Try a wide leg stance for a new kind of sit-up that'll be sure to tighten your abs. Learn about abdominal exercises in this free fitness video.
Hello, I'm Kyle Brayer your next In-Home Abdominal Workout would be the wide leg sit-up. The wide leg sit-up is also performed on a fitness mat. Carey here is going lay down on on her back. She then spreads her legs out in about a forty-five degree angle from her hips on either side with her legs straight her knees have a slight bend or in a lock position with her toes flex. This would be her starting position. Her upper body, she going to put one hand behind her head, the opposite arm is going to go straight up in the air and then she's going to reach up and across to the opposite toe. So, as she flexes up, she's going to twist with her upper body and reach for her right toe. Go ahead Carey. up and a cross and back down and then she will switch with her right arm, she's going to reach for that left toe and back down and again. Up and across and as she preform this exercise, she is not only working the upper abdominal region but she also working the obliques which are the muscles on the sides of the abs. So, she comes up and across and that twisting motion which is really going to capture those obliques and again, up and across and relax. And again, stress the importance of your breathing, as you come up, you want to exhale to the positive portion and as you relax and you coming back down toward the mat keep those abs tight, you want to inhale and then exhale as you come back up and that is the wide leg sit-up.
- Cool Down Stretches for Abdominal Exercises
- Bicycle Crunch Abdominal Exercises
- Oblique V-ups in Abdominal Exercises
- Bow Legged Hip-Raise Abdominal Exercises
- Leg Lift Abdominal Exercises
- Wide Leg Sit-up Abdominal Exercises
- The V-Sit Abdominal Exercise
- The Push Through Abdominal Exercise
- The Scissor Kick Abdominal Exercise
- How to Do Basic Abdominal Crunches
- Stretching for Abdominal Exercises