Use the V-sit exercise to tighten up those abs. Learn about abdominal exercises in this free fitness video.
Hello, I'm Kyle Brayer, and you're next in-home abdominal work out will be the V-sit. The V-sit is performed on a mat. Kerry here is sitting on her glutes, and she's going to start by putting her fingers pointing toward her toes, with her hands flat on the mat. She's going to have her elbows locked out for a starting position, and her feet flat on the mat. And what she's going to do is she's going to bend her elbows and lean back with her upper body, and extend her legs straight out. This is the first position. And then she's going to bend her knees and push back up, this is the positive position. So, out and in, and out and in, and go ahead and take a break. So, this exercise is isolating both the upper abdominal region and the lower abdominal region. The upper abdominal region is worked with the top part of the torso leaning back, the lower with the legs extended. So, Kerry, one more time; out and back in. She's making sure that every time she comes up, she's exhaling through her mouth, and every time she leans back, she breathes in through her nose. Alright, and that's good. And that is the V-sit.
- Cool Down Stretches for Abdominal Exercises
- Bicycle Crunch Abdominal Exercises
- Oblique V-ups in Abdominal Exercises
- Bow Legged Hip-Raise Abdominal Exercises
- Leg Lift Abdominal Exercises
- Wide Leg Sit-up Abdominal Exercises
- The Push Through Abdominal Exercise
- The V-Sit Abdominal Exercise
- The Scissor Kick Abdominal Exercise
- How to Do Basic Abdominal Crunches
- Stretching for Abdominal Exercises